CD Insert and Cover Layout Design Tips
The design of the CD Inserts is among the most important aspects of designing the cover of a music album. Since it is first thing that the buyers are going to see before listening to the music on a CD, it has to be designed in such a way that it creates a positive impact on the buyer and influences him to buy it.
Such is the importance of the cover layout design of the music CDs that their sales depend on how imaginative the covers are. Most music retailers would confirm that the music CDs having an appealing cover are sold more quickly than the ones that are simple and fail to impress the buyers. The following are some of the tips that can help you in coming up with a good design for the insert of your music CD.
Size of the CD Insert
The size of the CD insert plays a vital role in making the cover layout design of your music album more appealing to your fans.
- The front cover should be no more than 4.75” in length and breadth.
- If you are thinking about making a booklet, the dimensions should not exceed 9.5” and 4.75”.
- The back cover size should be around 6” in length and 4.625” in breadth.
When choosing the size of the back insert do remember the spine on either side of the CD which would require about 0.25”.
Being imaginative is extremely important when designing a CD insert. The following tips in this regard can be useful for you.
- Choose imagery that is in line with the topic of your album.
- Choose the fonts which are easy to understand.
- Give important information about the singer, record label and the name of the songs on the cover.
It is best to listen to the songs in the album while designing the artwork for your album’s cover. It will help you in coming up with a cover design that is according to the mood of your music CD.
If you are finding it difficult to come up with a suitable design layout for your CD insert then there is no need to worry! The experts at MaxDuplication can provide you all the help you need in this regard. Call MaxDuplication right away at 020-8492-3723.